Recent Press Releases
- January 31, 2011
Changing Medicare Plans - 5 Recommendations for Medicare Disenrollment Period
- January 26, 2011
Medicare Disenrollment Period - 6 FAQs About Leaving Medicare Advantage
- December 20, 2010
Medicare Enrollment: Majority of Seniors Do Not Plan to Review Coverage Options
- September 20, 2010
Increased Medicare Payments to "Frontier States"
- August 25, 2010
Medicare Reimbursement Restrictions for Physician-Owned Hospital
- August 4, 2010
Medicare "Donut Hole" Rebate Checks
PlanPrescriber In The News
- December 19, 2010
Boston Globe: Medicare Changes May Make Plan D Choice Easier
- November 22, 2010
NPR: More Baby Boomers Enroll In Medicare Part D Plans
- November 21, 2010
LATimes: Medicare Plan Changes Are Coming; Seniors Should Review Coverage
- October 12, 2010
WebMD: Demystifying Medicare Enrollment
- August 24, 2010
Kiplinger: Lower Your Prescription-Drug Costs
Please direct media inquiries to the following staff:
Senior Media Consultant
(916) 207-7674 - mobile
Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called "Part C" or "MA Plans," are offered by private companies approved by Medicare and provide Medicare Part A and Part B coverage. Medicare prescription drug coverage is insurance run by an insurance company or other private company approved by Medicare. A Medicare Supplement plan is a health insurance plan provided by a private company that fills in the "gaps" in original Medicare coverage.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
To learn about Medicare plans you may be eligible for, you can:
- Contact the Medicare plan directly.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY users 1-877-486-2048; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Contact a licensed insurance agency such as PlanPrescriber's parent company, eHealth.
- Call eHealth's licensed insurance agents at , TTY users 711. We are available . You may receive a messaging service on weekends and holidays from February 15 through September 30. Please leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day.
- Or enter your zip code where requested on this page to see quote.