Last Updated on
CMS.gov is a government website by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This government agency is part of the Department of Health & Human Services. CMS oversees the Medicare program, along with Medicaid and other programs.
What can you find on CMS.gov?
Anyone can visit the CMS.gov website. But you’ll find that lot of the information on CMS.gov is targeted to health-care providers, health-care administrators, and Medicare beneficiaries in special situations. For example, CMS.gov provides useful links if you’re filing a Medicare appeal.
CMS.gov administers several health insurance programs, not just Medicare. For example:
- Medicaid – This program provides health coverage to eligible low-income and/or disabled people of all ages. It’s funded by individual states and the federal government.
- CHIP (the Children’s Health Insurance Program) – This program is specifically for children who aren’t otherwise covered by health insurance, and who don’t qualify for Medicaid.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) – This program provides a federal health insurance marketplace and helps states establish their own
There’s more information on CMS.gov, too – data from research, regulatory information, and more.
CMS.gov and Medicare information
The CMS.gov website has plenty of information, but it might not be an ideal place for simple answers or general Medicare information. If you have questions about Medicare coverage, or if you just want user-friendly information, you may want to visit the following websites instead of CMS.gov.
- You’re already on the Planprescriber.com website. Our site is a resource that explains Medicare – the “parts” of Medicare, Medicare coverage options, and much more. Use the links on this page or the search box to explore our site.
- CMS provides the Medicare.gov website, which also provides user-friendly Medicare information.
We hope you find our free articles helpful. We also provide a free, no-obligation plan finder tool. To compare Medicare plan options where you live, click the Get Quotes button on this page.