Health Insurance Coverage If You're Under 65
To enroll in Medicare and obtain health coverage, you have to be over 65 years of age or have a qualifying medical condition. However, if you're under 65 and need health coverage, there are a variety of medical insurance options from which you can choose. Educating yourself on those choices is an important first step to obtaining the right health coverage for your circumstances as well as saving money on health insurance. Remember that medical insurance coverage and health insurance premiums differ according to each health insurance company, and they also vary among plans offered by the same insurance company.
Are you ready to learn about the specific Medicare plan? PlanPrescriber's parent company eHealth provides assistance in finding affordable health insurance for individuals under 65 through its website www.ehealthinsurance.com. eHealthInsurance's online tools let you compare premiums among insurance plans for health care. You can also apply online in minutes once you find the right medical plan for your needs.
Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called "Part C" or "MA Plans," are offered by private companies approved by Medicare and provide Medicare Part A and Part B coverage. Medicare prescription drug coverage is insurance run by an insurance company or other private company approved by Medicare. A Medicare Supplement plan is a health insurance plan provided by a private company that fills in the "gaps" in original Medicare coverage.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
To learn about Medicare plans you may be eligible for, you can:
- Contact the Medicare plan directly.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY users 1-877-486-2048; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Contact a licensed insurance agency such as PlanPrescriber's parent company, eHealth.
- Call eHealth's licensed insurance agents at , TTY users 711. We are available . You may receive a messaging service on weekends and holidays from February 15 through September 30. Please leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day.
- Or enter your zip code where requested on this page to see quote.