We may collect personally-identifiable information from you if you make one of the following requests on this website:
- Requesting an agent's assistance in finding a Medicare-related insurance product;
- Requesting assistance with enrolling in a particular Medicare product; and
- Signing-Up to receive informational material and periodic updates from our website.
We do not disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- Referral Partner: If you were referred to this website by one of our partners, then we may be required to disclose your contact information to the partner who referred you to this website.
- Service Providers: We may disclose personally-identifiable information to other companies that perform services on our behalf if such disclosure is necessary to perform the service that we request from such company. For example, we may disclose personally-identifiable information to a company who helps us correspond with you. Please be assured that the companies we hire to correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose or report your personally-identifiable information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes
We gather anonymous information about you for our internal purposes, and we may share this anonymous information with third parties.
- Anonymous information is any information that does not personally identify you, including aggregate demographic information such as the total number of visitors to our website from a particular state.
- We use anonymous information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve the services we offer you.
- We may use "Cookies," "Clear Gifs," "Internet Protocol" addresses and other monitoring technologies to gather anonymous information. For a more detailed discussion on cookies and clear gifs, please see below.
We protect the confidentiality and security of your personally-identifiable information.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personally-identifiable information. We employ techniques for assuring data security including firewalls, anti-virus software, and network perimeter testing.
We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect your personally-identifiable information and make every effort to keep your personally-identifiable information accurate and up to date.
- If you want to correct or update your contact information, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Privacy, PlanPrescriber, Inc.8 Clock Tower Place, Suite 400, Maynard, MA 01754
We will provide notice of changes in our information privacy practices.
- If we are going to use your personally-identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personally-identifiable information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes to our information privacy practices that do not affect the personally-identifiable information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice in the privacy portion of our website notifying users of the change.
OPT-OUT: You may opt-out of receiving satisfaction surveys, newsletters, periodic updates, and/or information on additional products and services from us. If you want to opt out of these surveys and/or notices, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at OPT-OUT, PlanPrescriber, Inc. 8 Clock Tower Place, Suite 400, Maynard, MA 01754.
Additional Information About Privacy and Security at PlanPrescriber
Please click on a topic below to get more information about privacy and security at PlanPrescriber.
"Clear gifs" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of website users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies. We do not collect any personally-identifiable information from clear gifs. Further, no information we collect from clear gifs can be linked back to your personally-identifiable information.
You can tell if you are visiting a secure area within a website by looking at the symbol on the bottom of your browser screen. If you are using Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will see either a lock or a key. When the padlock is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place via a secure server.
If you need a strong encryption browser, you can go to the Microsoft website or the Netscape website to download the latest Internet Explorer or Navigator browser. We do not recommend the use of beta browser versions or browsers that have not been updated with the manufacturer's latest security updates.
For security reasons to guard the safety of your data, access to this website is limited to SSL-capable browsers such as Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher or Netscape Navigator 4.06 or higher. Under no circumstance should you use any software, program, application or any other device to access the PlanPrescriber website, or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring or transmitting any content to or from our computer systems, website or proprietary software.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links you are "clicking" to another website. PlanPrescriber is not responsible for the information privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these linked websites as their information privacy practices may differ from ours.
Last Modified 02/25/2011
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.